Hey, fellow language learners! Every December since 2016 Language Learners Journal has hosted a kindness movement. We hope to make this year the biggest YET!
How Does the Movement Work?
- For the month of December, you leave 3-5 positive and encouraging comments a week (or even a day) on the social media posts of fellow language learners.
- Approach an established language learner and ask what they have found positive about learning a new language.
- Choose 1- 3 (or maybe more) people during December. It could be some language learners that are really struggling and need some support or have lost motivation. Show them you care by ‘paying it forward’ with resources/buy them some language learning equipment or simply share with them some advice. What will you do?
- Have a language learning business? Is there any service you could offer pro-bono?
- Check out our free mini-challenge 7 days of Kindness over on our Facebook Group, details below.
What is the point of this?
Showing kindness & positivity can encourage a growth mindset, give hope and improve motivation. Emotions are powerful when it comes to memory formation.
If one is stressed or sad they are less likely to be able to focus on studying. However, a simple act of kindness could really make a difference. If you are passionate about learning another language then extend that passion to others.
I look forward to seeing what positivity & kindness you will be spreading in December across the language learning communities and beyond…
For some more ideas of random acts of kindness click here.
What do you plan to do? Comment below and share your stories/photographs on social media, tagging #KindnessMatters AND #LanguageLearnersJournal or #LanguageLJ so we can see all the positivity we are spreading.
You can follow me here:
Want to be part of a supportive, encouraging community, come join us at
A free Facebook Group packed with LIVE interviews, chats, Q&A sessions mini-challenges, PDF resources and daily & monthly themes.