February is the month of romance, therefore, I have decided to focus on some Romance Languages. So I will be brushing up on my French and Spanish, and tackling a brand new language that I have never studied before… Italian! To help keep me motivated I’ll be posting my Italian and Chinese Mandarin progress in the Language Learners Amplified Program (#LLAP). It’s a motivational program aimed at a creating a more holistic approach to achieving goals and will work well with the other language challenges available.
My Goals Language for February
This is a brand new language for me to study. My goal for February is to be able to introduce myself, ask others how they are and talk about my hobbies and interests before the end of the month. I will do this by…
- Easing my self into the language with Puzzle Books! Scriveremo Publishing has puzzle books in 20+ languages.
- I am taking part in a free 30-day language learning challenge from Eurolinguistic.
- The first step of the challenge is to create a Pinboard. So I have created my Italian Pinterest Board.
- This week I need to find a willing study buddy and Italki tutor.
- Utalk, LingoHut, and Flash Academy will be switched to Italian.
- The mobile that I actually forgot was set in German will be switched to Italian and I will set my default language on all other devices to Italian too.
Spanish & French
- Duolingo. I am in competition with my daughter who is currently in the lead!!! I studied French at college. The last time I spoke it must have been 2 years ago when I was on holiday in France. Time to brush up on some romance!
- Continue to read Spanish and French texts.
Java Script & Python
- I am working on a Java Script Udemy course for about 30 minutes a day. I am familiar with HTML and CSS which does help considerably.
- Once I have finished Java Script course I’ll move on to the Python course in March.
- Mandarin is the language I have selected for #LLAP Facebook Group.
What languages are you studying this month and what resources do you recommend?
#CleartheList is a goal setting network of dedicated language learners. I have to say I really enjoy reading the other blogs and I am inspired deeply by the dedication of the #CleartheList community. I would like to say a big thank you to the hosts Lindsay (Lindsay Does Languages), Kris Broholm (Actual Fluency), Angel Pretot (French Lover), and Shannon Kennedy (Eurolinguiste). The aim of Clear the List is to set and share your language learning goals for any given month and then obviously try your best to achieve them by the end of it!