So I recently discovered an amazing positive language learning, goal setting network hosted by a lovely lady called Lindsay of Lindsay Does Languages and some of her friends. Shannon at Eurolinguiste , Kris Broholm of Actual Fluency, and Angel Pretot of French Lover. It’s called #clearthelist. As I have a great love for language learning I have decided to give it ago! I already set regular goals, but sharing them in a supportive network ensures accountability, increased motivation and most importantly assistance.
Last Month’s Goals:
- Completed my day 90 video for #Add1Challenge. Where I had a conversation with a native speaker for over 15 minutes, YAY!
- My very first ‘Live‘ video on Facebook and I decided to do it in Spanish! – Mission Completed!
This Month’s Goals:
Priority Language: Spanish – 45 Minutes Per Day, 5 days a week.
- Listen to at least one Spanish podcast everyday.
- Monthly ‘Go Live’ in my Spanish.
- Article/book to read.
- 1/2 Italki tutorials per week.
- Duolingo/Memrise – daily!
Mandarin Chinese – 4 hours per week
- I run a monthly Mandarin Meetup in my local community and also host online meetups in Mandarin Chinese. If you are interested in joining us virtually please contact me and I’ll add you to our private group.
- Italki lessons x 1 per fortnight, plus weekly language exchanges. They were on hold during my #Add1Challenge.
- 10 minutes per day on ‘Hello Chinese‘
British Sign Language (BSL) – 1 to 2 hours per week
- Alphabet practice every morning.
- Participate in my course.
- USE IT or lose it!
French – 1 hour per week.
- Watch some movies. Any recommendations please comment below…
All of these goals are going to keep me busy, but I’m super excited to get started! I’m looking forward to seeing what I can actually accomplish with consistent language practice.
Resources I will use in March:
- ITalki 1-2 lessons per week
- Immersion (My mini-me and I speak Spanish at home/Social Media all set to Spanish)
- Reading articles and books in Spanish
- Listening to Spanish radio/podcasts
- Language Transfer/Duolingo
- Watching movies and potentially Netflix in Spanish
- Language Hacking Spanish by Benny Lewis
- Coffee Break Spanish
- Netflix/You Tube
- iTalki Lessons – I have weekly Chinese lessons
- Hello Chinese App
British Sign Language (BSL)
- Refresher Course British Sign Language Course
- Teach Yourself: British Sign Language
- Netflix / You Tube
The Biggest Lesson I Am Taking Away from Last Month:
Putting in effort and staying motivated really does pay off. Perseverance is everything!