It’s official! The #KindnessMatters challenge has begun over on The Self-Development Hub.
Language Learners Journal has been running kindness challenges every December since 2016! We hope to make this December the kindest one YET! and it all begins with one Random Act of Kindness from you…
According to scientifically proven research, kindness increases oxytocin levels within the body boosting happiness and lowering blood pressure. kindness is also contagious! Research shows that kindness builds trust, promotes cooperation, and helps bring people together. There’s no denying that one simple act of kindness can bring warmth to the the giver, the witnesses and the benefactors.
Therefore, I invite you to take part in the #KindnessMatters challenge. It’s simple, FREE and bound to make you and those around you happier.
Here’s how to participate:
- Join the Self-Development Hub community group on Facebook, take the 7 day kindness pledge and do at least one an act of kindness every day for the next 7 days.
- Share a status update, a photo (selfies work great!), or video on Facebook announcing that you’re taking the challenge and tag several of your friends. Include the hashtag #KindnessMatters.
- For the next 7 days be kind and spread positivity and happiness all around you!
- Optional but recommended: If you’re comfortable share your stories and photographs of kindness to inspire others on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter! Remember kindness is contagious!
- Spread the word and share this challenge. At Language Learners Journal we believe that kindness matters. One kind act can lead to another and the more you share, the more people will be inspired to help us turn the world into a kinder more caring place. Tag @languagelearnersjoural in your posts and use the hashtag #kindnessmatters.
We’ll feature some of our favorite photographs, stories and ideas on our social media and in this blog post.
“Let’s show the world that kindness is everywhere when we choose to focus on it.”
~ The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
Recently there has been a mega splash of negativity occurring on social media. This can leave us feeling sad and annoyed. I believe sharing stories of kindness and attempting to do something nice for others can help tackle all this negative energy.
It does not take much to turn someone’s day into a better one. A simple smile or compliment can create a ripple that can lead to a huge impact.
Further reading: Spreading Positivity Through Random Acts of Kindness and 18 Random Acts of Kindness you can do Online
Share your progress with the #KindnessMatter challenge in the comments.