Hello, bonjour, hola, góðan dag, 你好, latcho divvus…
So May is going to be an exciting and busy month for me, YAY! I am taking part in the Step Up Language Program, #SULP and will be tackling Mandarin Chinese & Icelandic for the next 3 months. I will also be working on my side project Positively Productive, looking at how positive psychology can be incorporated into language learning.
Last Month’s Goals:
- 28-day Icelandic Challenge – Completed and I can now do basic greetings. I spent the first couple of weeks searching for some awesome resources, but unfortunately, I could not really find anyone to talk too in Icelandic. Although I did receive lots of positive motivation and encouragement from the language learning communities. I am really grateful for the support so thank you!
- I launched my own little business coaching motivation, self-esteem and confidence building online. I am still offering 20-minute motivational sessions online – pro-bono. So if you are interested, get in touch.
This Month’s Goals:
- Starting #SULP studying Mandarin Chinese for about 45 minutes, 5-6 days per- week.
- Learn 5-10 new Chinese characters per-day.
- Vocab build – Learn 5-10 new Mandarin words a day.
- Continue with the basics of Icelandic.
- Work towards completing Spanish on Duolingo.
Having a more positive mindset really does help when learning languages. It also seemed to reflect out so that other people responded to it as well and become more motivated too.
Join Clear the List!
1. Click the picture below and share your goal post whether it includes your aspirations for the month or year ahead. Submissions unrelated to the theme or links to your homepage will be deleted by the hosts.
2. Link back to the original post.
4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE (this is why I have underlined it)
Please visit the site of the person who linked up immediately before you and leave them an encouraging comment! The hosts of this link-up are hoping to create a positive community where we can all share our goals and language learning.
5. Share on social media using #ClearTheList.
I look forward to reading what your goals will be this month!