So here is my goal round-up for June 2017. I am halfway through the Step Up Language Program, #SULP. I have been focusing mainly on Mandarin Chinese. I will also continue to work on my side project Positively Productive, looking at how positive psychology can be incorporated into language learning.
- #SULP – I kept a weekly blog and made video updates on my progress. A lot of the videos were uploaded directly to #SULP, but you can check out my blog on learning Mandarin via positive psychological techniques here
- I launched my own little business coaching motivation, self-esteem, and confidence back in April. It has really taken off and I am supporting a lot of people to get over their initial fears and have that first conversation in their target language. I am still offering FREE 20-minute motivational sessions online. I’m doing 4 an hour twice a week on Skype. So if you are interested, get in touch or check out my services page for more information.
- My eBook ‘Positively Productive‘ was released as a paperback. The workbook focuses on a more holistic approach to language learning.
This Month’s Goals:
- Study Mandarin Chinese for about 45 minutes, 5 days per- week.
- Learn 5-10 new Chinese characters per day. I am using Chineasy products to help with this.
- Build vocab – Learn 5-10 new Mandarin words-per-day. I am using Language courses on Udemy. To help me with this.
- Ensure I post weekly video/blog updates for #SULP.
- Help other language learners to the best of my ability. Providing free resources.
- Relaunching my Chinese Meetup in the local community integrating live Facebook video stream to our group for members that live too far away to meet in person.
- Use ‘Hello Chinese’ app for at least 5-10 minutes on a daily basis.
Self-realisation on just how rusty my Mandarin has become and on such a short timescale. I have an awareness of what I need to work on this month.
Join Clear the List!
For more information and to join #Clear the List, click here.