Travelling to another country, needing to learn a new language for business or just for fun? Then take the ‘28-Day Language Learning Challenge!’ to boost your language learning.
What Can You Achieve in 28-days?
A lot if you put your mind to it! Although 28-days is not enough to make the average person go from nowt to conversational level. It is enough time to learn greetings, be able to introduce yourself and learn important travel and survival phrases.
Start Studying Right Now
Pick the language you want to learn, schedule a FREE 20-minute lesson on motivation with me. Then make the commitment right now to study for at least 30-45 minutes per day for 28 days straight! You’ll be amazed at how much you can learn…
Follow the rules, study often, and begin speaking in just 28 days. It requires resources and dedication to do this.
• Notebook/Journal and highlighters.
• Coursebook, phrasebook and dictionary in your target language. Check out the products page for a link to the best language learning resources or go to your local library to rent some.
• Flash Cards (digital or paper).
• Book or Magazine in your target language.
• Watch movies in your target language.
Rules and Guidance
1. You MUST complete 28 study days – days off are not counted as study days, but it is important that you take them at the end of the challenge.
2. Have an open, positive, can-do mindset right from the start.
3. Study a few vocabulary words from the previous day each morning when you wake and review these words before bedtime.
4. Use memory aid’s, such as the memory palace technique – Tell a story to remember the words you are studying. The stranger or more ridiculous the story make it the more likely you are to remember it!
5. Study words together with opposites, it’s easy to remember (big/small, etc.)
6. Have conversations with other speakers of the language.
7. Keep it simple!
8. Join a support community of language learners.
9. Choose to listen to the music of your target language rather than your own native music.
10. Remember to interact with language audio, none of them will work without interaction and consistency.
11. Watch movies in your target Language.
12. Live, breath, sleep and eat your target language for the next 28 days.
Don’t to forget to book your FREE 20-minute introductory session to motivation with me!
Helpful articles to get you started…
Don’t forget to keep me posted on how you get on with the 28-day Challenge. Tag me in to update posts #LanguageLJ I would love to hear about your experiences. What has and has not worked.