So here is my goal round-up for July 2017. I am now in the final month of the Step Up Language Program, #SULP. I have been focusing mainly on Mandarin Chinese. I have also been continuing to work on my side project Positively Productive, looking at how positive psychology can be incorporated into language learning to help achieve better results.
- #SULP – Sadly I have slipped a little in my progress due to illness so I really so need to ‘step it up‘ for the final month.
- I launched my own little business coaching motivation, self-esteem, and confidence back in April. It has really taken off and I have had to put a little waiting list in place. I am also doing some freelance consultancy and promotional work for some fabulous language learning products, websites, blogs and services. Thank you, everyone, for your support.
This Month’s Goals:
- Study Mandarin Chinese for about 40 minutes, 5 days per- week.
- Learn 5-10 new Chinese characters per day. I am using Chineasy products to help with this.
- Build vocab – Learn 5-10 new Mandarin words-per-day. I am using Language courses on Udemy. To help me with this.
- Get up to speed with my video updates for #SULP.
- Help other language learners to the best of my ability. Providing free resources. I created a FREE PDF Planner to help people write down and review their goals. You can download it here. I’ll be using a copy of this too!
- I have a Mandarin Meetup in my local community AND this month it’s our birthday! We are a year old!
- Use ‘Hello Chinese’ / ‘Memrise app for at least 5-10 minutes on a daily basis.
I did not meet my goals this month (apart from learning Chinese characters) so feel a little sad, but I am only human and prone to illness. Sometimes we need to take a break and that is okay. I have been studying various languages almost non-stop for nearly a year.
Join Clear the List!
For more information and to join #Clear the List, click here.