你好! Bonjour! Hola! Guten Tag! Welcome to my monthly language learning round up…
The Step Up Language Program, #SULP has now ended. Although I did not engage in the spoken aspects of the challenge as much as I wanted to due to bouts of illness. I am now able to recognise a vast majority of the Chinese radicals – yay!
Goals for August:
New for August I am introducing German into my language learning routine. I am a complete beginner in German! If you know of any great resources (or German movies/TV shows) please let me know in the comments section below or on one of my social media channels.
- 10,000 words a day challenge – includes reading, speaking and listening.
- ‘DuoLingo‘ / Flash Academy /‘Memrise’ app for at least 5-10 minutes a day.
- Back to Basics – Reading popular children’s books in German or better still listening to them read to me via the fabulous site Amira!
- Continue to learn 5-10 new Chinese characters per day. I am using Chineasy products to help with this.
- I host a Mandarin Meetup once a month in my local community, we now have a Chinese tutor volunteering her support!
- Finish “El coloquio de los perros” by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. Translated by Interlinear Books.
- Complete the word search section of Spanish Pocket Puzzles.
- Help other language learners to the best of my ability. I am continuing to offer free coaching sessions for those struggling with language learning anxiety and confidence issues.
Join Clear the List!
For more information or to join #Clear the List, click here.